We are looking for a detail-oriented, proactive Full-Time Estate Manager with event experience to take over complete management of a 14k sq ft, high-tech home within a private golf club in Las Vegas. Schedule is Mon-Fri 8am-5pm, with occasional weekends and evenings. Adaptability, resourcefulness, and a hands-on or “pitch-in” approach is crucial in ensuring the standards and desires of the Principal are met. Responsible for maintaining all Household Standards and Household Procedures and developing manuals so all the home runs seamlessly. The ideal candidate is a participator in all that is going on at the residence and works in a team environment to accomplish all goals without pretension or arrogance. Family is open to local candidates and domestic relocations. Start date is flexible for the right candidate. This individual will report to the Director of Operations. Candidates should be experienced and comfortable working collaboratively in a fully-staffed residence with 4 cats.
Must possess a resourceful mentality and be seeking a long-term opportunity. This individual will understand how to prioritize short-term tasks and long-term projects relating to the residence and lead the 3 staff members who service the estate each day. Additionally, the Estate Manager will have supervisory responsibilities over a part-time private chef and independent contractors who assist regularly on-property. Must have excellent leadership, management, and communication skills as well as a familiarity with Smart Home technology (Crestron), calendar management, maintenance schedules, staff scheduling and supervision. Ability to negotiate and work with vendors and contractors to maintain the properties to the highest standard. Estate Manager is to function in a manner that protects the family’s investment, ensures that the residence, landscaping and all systems are properly maintained in excellent working condition. This person must provide outstanding personal service to the family when they are on premises appx 2-3 days per week.
Duties include but are not limited to the following: Primary point of contact for all matters relating to the residence and its staff; manage regular weekly vendor load; coordinate renovations, maintenance, and projects as needed; collaborate with Family Office to ensure asset budget is maintained appropriately.
Salary DOE + Full Benefits
- Primary point of contact for 14,000 square foot residence within a private golf club in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Daily walk through of estate to ensure all systems are functioning properly.
- Ensure household staff’s daily checklists are completed and submitted to the Director of Operations.
- Serve as estate gatekeeper. Greet principals and guests for each visit and provide appropriate hospitality.
- Proactively prepare residences prior to family arrival and procure all requested amenities for each visit.
- Perform evaluation annually with each employee to ensure all tasks, workload, and quality of work is monitored.
- Coordinate staff schedules to ensure adequate coverage at all times based on family’s needs.
- Manage timekeeping system (Paylocity) and assist with basic Human Resources functioned for domestic staff.
- Assist domestic staff with projects when necessary; creating a collaborative/team environment.
- Maintain responsibility for the care & preservation of art, antiques, fine furnishings and other collections.
- Review, negotiate, and approve invoices for utilities and services provided by vendors on location.
- Maintain accurate financial records, create estate budget and log contractor services performed for accuracy.
- Create and maintain comprehensive household/operational manuals. Set priorities for tasks on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Maintain file systems including those for household operations, warranty manuals, household equipment, invitations, entertainment logs, etc.
- Oversee and manage various contractors to ensure the property is neatly and properly maintained. Landscape contractors, exterior lighting, pool maintenance, irrigation systems, AV/IT systems maintenance, security systems, pest control, HVAC and plumbing.
- Test appliances & home systems weekly. Verify security and integrity of property. Such testing and troubleshooting will include home theatre and AV/IT components through the residence and other structures on all property.
- Assist with event production for various social and private events (e.g., planning and preparation, scheduling caterer and servers, knowledge of silver service, ensuring flawless execution day of event, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years related experience working in a similar estate for a private family.
- Observant to the needs of the residence, family and anticipate their needs.
- Utmost discretion and confidentiality are required.
- Flexibility in scheduling with willingness to accommodate principals’ needs on occasional weekends/evenings.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, proactive, excellent time management, efficient and service focused
- Sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Tech-forward with proficiency in Mac, PC, Crestron & Lutron Lighting Systems.
- Strong organizational ability to present projects, budgets, lists, bids and quotes to family office through use of technology.
- Professional presentation of self and great personality.
- Ability to develop and maintain solid working relationships with service providers, contractors and vendors.
- Ability to work collaboratively with interior designers and oversee interior design projects.
- Ability to take direction from principal and be flexible in an ever-changing environment.
- Strong ability to communicate & collaborate effectively with principals, family office and domestic staff.
- Ability to handle residence and domestic staff with ease and calm demeanor.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- State background check
- FBI background check
- Drug test
- Credit check