Lead Household Assistant
Experienced full-time Lead Household Assistant is needed for a private family home in the New York area. The candidate should have prior experience with the upkeep of larger high-end luxury homes or other relevant experience.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a culture of high standards and can easily adapt to changes in routines/schedules. We are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal skills, a straightforward communication style and the ability to reflect the family’s values when interacting with vendors.
The Lead Household Assistant position requires a high level of organization, attention to detail and a well-developed intuition. It also requires discretion, maturity, and overall good judgment. Candidate must be articulate and possess an outstanding work ethic. Candidate must also be flexible, proactive, and demonstrate excellent time management skills. In addition, candidate must have experience supervising vendors.
The Lead (Executive) Household Assistant will report directly to the Estate Manager and work closely with other household staff.
Typical household tasks will include, but are not limited to:
· Shopping for household items
· Maintenance of kitchen area and food and grocery inventory
· Regular tidying, upkeep and maintenance of living spaces and fine furnishings
· Laundry and dry-cleaning management
· Changing bed linens
· Assisting with closet management and organizing as needed
· Unpacking travel bags and suitcases
· Running errands and making purchases, including groceries
· Keeping inventories of household items and replenishing items as needed
· Assisting with preparation for events of all sizes and with hospitality/guest services
· Assisting with a variety of special projects as needed
· Providing spot cleaning as needed as well as helping to oversee contracted cleaning crew
· Minimum four-years related experience, preferably for larger high-end luxury homes, food-service and/or personal services
· Ability to work with the highest degree of confidentiality
· Must be willing to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
· High-energy individual who will enjoy a physically active role
· Must be able to climb and descend stairs and ladders safely
· Computer skills – basic Microsoft Office skills; must be resourceful and able to research and procure items on the internet
· Experience with data devices and communicating with smart phones
· Candidate must own reliable vehicle for running errands
· Must speak English fluently
· Successful completion of thorough background investigation and reference check
Salary will be 70-100k DOE with a comprehensive benefit package.